LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES
Legion 4: Introduction
» FIRST APPEARANCE: Superman v.5 #14 (Oct. 2019)
Behind the Scenes
This chronology is edited assuming:
- The Legion's first meeting with Superman and Superboy was Superman #14 (Oct. 2019). Superman did not have a youthful history with this Legion.
- Prior to this, Legion visitors from parallel universes (most notably the Saturn Girl of Earth-0) did also appear.
- Color Codes:
A new member joins the Legion. A Legionnaire dies. Major storyline.
- Issue information in parentheses indicates one of two things: (a) the tale was retold/corroborated in additional stories, and/or (b) the tale was told as a flashback. Certain events that have never been fully chronicled in print use asterisks (*) in place of issue numbers and cover dates.
- Characters' first appearance IN PRINT is bolded. This often differs from …
- Characters first CHRONOLOGICAL appearance is italicized.
- When the placement of a tale within continuity is in question, the event is usually placed in the most recent possible time.
- Most 30th Century dates come from 2995: The Legion of Super-Heroes Sourcebook and/or Legion of Super-Heroes (volume 4).
- Only the inheritors to a title display the level of succession. Example: "Invisible Kid II" (for Jacques Foccart), but just "Invisible Kid" (no "I" for Lyle Norg).
- Consideration for inclusion is based on an event's relevancy to the Legion, its members and their legacy. This includes major Legion series and key issues from other DCU series.
- Comics book titles have been abbreviated: